[GENERAL] ERROR: DefineQueryRewrite. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stuart Rison
Subject [GENERAL] ERROR: DefineQueryRewrite.
Date
List pgsql-general
Dear all,

I'm having trouble with a very long (i.e. a lot of columns) table.

I am trying to create a view on this tablke that will select approximately
30 columns and alias them (alias as in select rep_mal_insitu_ductal as
"ductal").

The column names are very long (hence the need to alias).  When I try and
create the view I get:

ERROR:  DefineQueryRewrite: rule plan string too big.

However, if I cut off some of the columns in the 'create view' statement,
it works fine (i.e. it's not a syntax problem).

I've tried getting around this by writting an sql script and running it
using \i but I get the same problem.  I'm running 6.3.2 under IRIX 5.3.

Is there a way around or am I going to have to redesign my tables.

Thanks for any help you may provide.

Cheers,

Stuart.

PS.  Please cc a copy of your answer to me.

| Stuart Rison            | Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research |
| Tel. (0171) 878 4041    | Courtauld Building                   |
| Fax. (0171) 878 4040    | 91 Riding House Street               |
| stuart@ludwig.ucl.ac.uk | UNITED KINGDOM.                      |